To start with, you need to ensure that POP email collection is turned on in Google Apps' GMail settings, and then you need to log into your BlackBerry online control panel. Here are some of the UK providers' Control Panel URLs:
Log in with your username and password (if you've forgotten the password, they will send it to your BlackBerry in seconds if you click the link).
Once in, we need to set up the account, test it and make sure you don't receive copies of sent items on the BlackBerry:
- Click on "Set Up Account"
- Put your Google Apps password in twice
- Click Next
- You will see your new Google Apps email address listed alongside your BlackBerry's own email account. Click on the Filters icon, which corresponds to the Google Apps email:
- Click on "Add Filter"
- Choose a logical name for the filter, such as "Google Apps Sent Email"
- Change "Apply filter when" drop down menu to "From field"
- Enter your full email address (that you use to send emails from) in "Contains", along with any others you might use to send out emails (info@ etc etc) separated by a simple semicolon ;
- Select the "Do not forward messages to this device" radio box
- Click "Add Filter"