3B DIGITAL IS LOOKING TO HIRE A Placement-YEAR Computer Science STUDENT AS A JUNIOR LEVEL PHP DEVELOPER IN OUR GROWING DIGITAL MARKETING AGENCY HERE IN BATTERSEA, LONDON.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE PART OF A TEAM PASSIONATE ABOUT DELIVERING AND SUPPORTING INNOVATIVE ONLINE DIGITAL SOLUTIONS.
We believe this is a terrific opportunity to become part of a small but highly skilled team of innovative and dedicated digital professionals, learning new skills and technologies and benefiting from a robust process-driven project management environment.
The Vertical Markets served by 3B include, but are not limited to: Publishing, Event Management, Financial, Start-ups and Online Communities.
Offers technical guidance, communication, and solutions to submitted helpdesk tickets.
Participates in deployment processes (development to test, to staging, to production)
Assists in implementation services, solution testing, and participates in solution design
Obtains additional knowledge and skills as needed to meet company goals and professional growth.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong interest and affinity to work with customers in both developing business oriented solutions as well as providing advanced technical customer support.
- Excellent listening, communication and presentation skills, strong work ethic and drive to succeed.
- Experience in documentation including requirements gathering, design specifications, test plans and user documentation.
- The ability to communicate and teach non-technical users a must.
- Respond proactively to technical support and customer service needs.
- Must possess strong skills in HTML and HTML5.
- Must have experience of an Object-oriented programming language and its concepts.
- Must have some experience of PHP 5+ (and preferably SQL).
- Must have knowledge and experience of Git or other Version Control system.
- Experience with an open-source Content Management System or PHP framework (Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, Concrete5, Laravel) is a plus.
- Experience of using Docker is a plus.
- Some experience of Photoshop preferable.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed.
- Strong attention to detail.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of or at least a general interest in Content Management systems; Database software; Internet software, Integrated Development Environment (IDE) software, Linux distributions.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
Successful delivery of assigned application development tasks and projects.
Excellent customer service experiences by internal and external customers.
Effective training and support of user communities with web technologies and tools.
Effective coordination of project vs. task needs vs. operational requirements with teammates and the organisation.
Positive contributions to the organisation beyond the scope of normal responsibilities.
Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Our office is open plan and informal. Our facilities include small galley kitchen, rest room and relaxation area in the reception if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please email your CV to email@example.com with the subject "Student Placement Year Application" or call 0207 22 33 90.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL NOT TAKE CALLS, EMAILS OR OTHER ADVANCES FROM ANY RECRUITMENT AGENCIES IN RESPECT OF THE JOBS ADVERTISED HERE OR ANY OTHER MATTERS.
Real people may call us in person on 0844 414 0906 or even better email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All candidates must be able to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.