3b Digital is looking for an intermediate level php developer to join our growing digital marketing agency here in Battersea, Central London. The successful applicant will be part of a team passionate about delivering & supporting innovative online digital solutions.
We believe this is a terrific opportunity to become part of a small but highly skilled team of innovative & dedicated digital professionals, learning new skills & technologies & benefiting from a robust process-driven project management environment.
The Vertical Markets served by 3B include, but are not limited to: Publishing, Event Management, Financial, Start-ups and Online Communities.
- Scopes, plans, develops, tests new features for existing projects, and participates in the full life-cycle of new projects.
- Offers technical guidance, communication, and solutions to submitted helpdesk tickets.
- Participates in deployment processes (development to test, to staging, to production)
- Assists in implementation services, solution testing, and participates in solution design
- Obtains additional knowledge and skills as needed to meet company goals and professional growth
Basic Qualifications & experience:
- Must possess superior skills in HTML and HTML5.
- Experience of an Object-oriented programming language and its concepts.
- 3+ years commercial experience of PHP 5+ and SQL.
- Strong interest and affinity to work with customers in both developing business oriented solutions as well as providing advanced technical customer support.
- Previous experience with an open-source Content Management System or PHP framework (Joomla, Drupal, Concrete5, Laravel) a plus.
- Must have knowledge and experience of Git or other Version Control system.
- Experience of using Docker a plus.
- Demonstrated leader in coordinating activities around the resolution of issues, being a focal point and single point of contact for customers, other engineers assigned to issues and other stakeholders.
- Excellent listening, communication and presentation skills, strong work ethic and drive to succeed.
- Highly skilled in authoring software documentation including requirements gathering, design specifications, test plans and user documentation
- The ability to communicate and teach non-technical users a must.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Some experience of Photoshop preferable.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed.
- Respond proactively to technical support and customer service needs.
Key Performance Measures:
- Successful delivery of assigned application development tasks and projects.
- Excellent customer service experiences by internal and external customers.
- Effective training and support of user communities with web technologies and tools.
- Effective coordination of project vs. task needs vs. operational requirements with teammates and the organisation.
- Positive contributions to the organisation beyond the scope of normal responsibilities.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Our office is open plan and informal. Our facilities include small galley kitchen, rest room and relaxation area in the reception if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL NOT TAKE CALLS, EMAILS OR OTHER ADVANCES FROM ANY RECRUITMENT AGENCIES IN RESPECT OF THE JOBS ADVERTISED HERE OR ANY OTHER MATTERS.
Real people may call us in person on 0844 414 0906 or even better email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All candidates must be able to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.